Whole body vibration (WBV) is a relatively new approach to improving health. While we have viewed WBV from a negative standpoint as it relates to occupational exposure with truck drivers and construction workers, research is beginning to elucidate a powerful positive effect on our health if done in moderation.
Lifecare Chiropractic is one of only a handful of clinics to offer multiple frequency, multiple amplitude Whole Body Vibration in Arizona manufactured by Turbosonic. This is unlike most of the vibration units that are rocker or cam drive. This unit is a sonic vibration, providing a smoother feel and the ability to hit lower frequencies that other units. This can be the perfect opportunity to try out whole body vibration before buying a unit for more frequent home use.
Medical research has shown multiple benefits of WBV:
- Increasing bone mass to lower the risk of fractures
- Improved balance and lower risk of a fall
- Fibromyalgia – less pain and fatigue
- Body fat – may decrease body fat while increasing bone tissue
- Sedentary teenagers – builds muscle mass and bone
- Circulation in the legs and brain is improved
- Improve overall sense of well being
- Knee arthritis – exercise your knees without doing any damage or causing pain
- Parkinson’s disease – better equilibrium and gait
- Multiple sclerosis – better muscle strength and walking ability
The experience of WBV itself is remarkable. Standing on the platform for each ten minute session takes the patient across a variety of frequencies and amplitudes. Most have a hard time describing the experience as anything other than “wow!”
The unit is available for use during normal business hours, but please call ahead to ensure that you will have little or no wait time.
While the safety of WBV is very high, the following contraindications do apply to WBV and, as such, we do not recommend you use the device:
- Acute thrombosis
- Acute hernia
- Recent Hip or knee implants
- Recent surgery
- Recently placed IUD’s, metal pins or plates
Groupon users: No appointment is necessary, although we do recommend calling before you intend on coming in to ensure the office is open. In general, the office is open M-F 9-6, most Saturdays and is open through the lunch hour. Click here for map and directions.