BASED ON THE PRINCIPLES ESTABLISHED BY DR. A.T.W. SIMEONS AND LATER EXPANDED UPON BY DR. DANIEL BLOSSOM
1. The diet, dietary restrictions and supplemental support listed on the following pages must be strictly adhered to. Without strict adherence, weight loss will be minimal at best; in fact if the patient is not willing to follow the diet, etc. to the letter, it is best they don’t bother as success will be absent. Further, the most tiresome patients are those who fail to lose weight because they begin to count calories and come up with all manner of ingenious variations that do not work. JUST FOLLOW THE DIET AND TAKE THE REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTS AND THE HUNGER WILL GENERALLY PASS AFTER THE FIRST WEEK AND THE WEIGHT LOSS WILL BEGIN.
2. During the entire program the patient takes the following supplements on a daily basis
a. Formula CGF/CDF – 6 capsules twice a day with lunch and dinner.
b. Biodoph 7 – 1 capsule twice a day in the AM and with dinner
For the first three days of supplementation, do not follow the diet and eat to capacity. After the first three days begin the following diet:
Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar or dairy added. Stevia may be used to sweeten. Green tea is best as it will assist with the desired weight loss.
(1) 100 grams of veal, beef (grass fed organic), chicken breast (organic or at least natural, skinless), fresh white fish (NO farm raised–all wild caught), lobster, crab or shrimp. Bison/buffalo is also acceptable. Bison burgers average 100 grams per patty. Costco, Sprouts and Sunflower Market all have a very wide variety of these meats available. All visible fat must be removed before cooking and the protein must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional oil or fat (the George Foreman grills work very nicely for grilling and is easy to clean). Salmon, eel, tuna, herring and dried or pickled fish are not allowed.
(2) Chose one from the following: Spinach, chard, chicory, beet greens, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, and cabbage. The amount of vegetable allowed is no larger than what can be held in the palm of the hand. Spinach salad, however, can be enough to fill an average sized bowl.
(3) One piece of plain Melba toast or rice cake (seasoned w/ sea salt is ok)
(4) One small apple, orange or one handful of strawberries.
Same as lunch, except the choice of protein and vegetable must be different than the choice used at lunch. If the plain Melba toast and/or fruit are eaten at lunch time they are not allowed with dinner (only one serving of Melba toast and fruit per day is allowed).
It is very important that all of these guidelines be followed.
OTHER DIET INFORMATION
When possible, organic sources for the protein, vegetables and fruit should be used.
The juice of one lemon daily is allowed for seasoning as well as salt, pepper, vinegar, garlic, basil and thyme. Costco sells a garlic sea salt that works very well as a seasoning. Butter, oil and salad dressing are not allowed.
Green tea, regular tea, coffee and water are the only drinks allowed and may be used in any quantity and at any time. Drinking at least two liters of liquid a day is required. Beside water, the best choice is green tea as it will facilitate weight loss.
For menstruating women, the best time to begin the program is immediately after their period.
With the exception of prescription medicines, no over-the-counter medicines or supplements other than those required by this program are allowed.
No cosmetics other than lipstick, eyebrow pencil and bath powder are allowed.
Continue the diet for three days after discontinuing the supplements.
After completion of the diet program, no starches or sugars are allowed for the following three weeks. This is important as it will help to prevent weight gain after returning to the intelligent use of starches and sugars.
Weigh yourself each morning after you empty your bladder and completely disrobe.
FLUCTUATIONS IN WEIGHT LOSS
You will generally lose between ¾ and one pound a day. However, there may be no weight loss for two or three days and then a sudden weight loss will occur to reestablish the normal average. These fluctuations are entirely due to variations in the retention and elimination of water, which is normal and more marked in females. If the weight loss plateaus with no weight loss for four to six days, the patient should have an “apple day”. They are allowed six apples beginning at lunch time and ending at lunch time on the following day. No other food or liquid is allowed during this period. In most cases weight loss will begin again on the following day
Strenuous exercise is to be restricted. However, in order to send a gentle message to the body to preserve muscle mass, 10 sit ups and 10 push ups should be done each day.
POTENTIAL CHANCE OF SKIN FLUSHING
Some participants on the diet have experienced an episode of a niacin flushing (Dr. Bogash included). This is a strong flushing of the face and trunk with a warming sensation, much like you just got a severe sunburn. The flush is temporary and should go away within about 1/2 hour.
A gram scale is required to weigh the protein and must be used at every meal. It is acceptable to weigh and then freeze several portions. Remember the amount of protein must be 100 grams and to achieve this accuracy a gram scale is required.
If you use diuretics or prescription thyroid medication you may have a lower than normal weight loss. Weight loss will occur, but in some cases at a slower rate.