Who is the Top Chiropractor Mesa AZ
8 Things You Need to Know About Chiropractor Mesa AZ Treatment
When people are looking for a reliable chiropractor Mesa, AZ residents trust, they often stop when they hear about LifeCare Chiropractics. From the first appointment and on, you will see why our clinic is one that people trust for quality chiropractic care. Most people are familiar with the field of chiropractics. Of those people, some are open-minded, and others hear a reference about what aspinal adjustment entails and cringe.
The fact of the matter is that chiropractic treatment is the doorway to holistic well-being and can provide a healthier you, both physically and mentally. Additionally, chiropractic adjustments can facilitate the body’s natural healing ability and therefore potentially decrease the need for surgery and medications. If you are interested in learning more about the benefits of visiting a chiropractor, contact LifeCare Chiropractic today.
One of the pillars of chiropractic care is bringing harmony to the mind and body through realignment of the musculoskeletal system. In addition to the bodily manipulations, our chiropractors understand supplemental therapies that may help on a very unique basis that is different for each person. Such therapies may include herbal medicines, heating and cooling devices and a comprehensive individualized nutritional plan.
Common ailments that visiting a chiropractor in Mesa AZ may help:
- Chronic pain- whether you have neck, back or hip pain from an old injury, strenuous work regime, daily stressors or from sitting at a computer all day, a realigned musculoskeletal system can put everything back in balance.
- Acute pain- if you have suffered an injury from sports, a slip and fall, a car accident or any other jarring incident, visiting a chiropractor for adjustments may help your body get back into alignment and allow the nerve system and soft tissues to heal without surgery or pharmaceutical intervention.
- Headaches- there are numerous causes for headaches and the severity can range from mild to severe. Even the mild occurrence can be taxing if you have to deal with them often. Chiropractic care from LifeCare has been shown to help alleviate headaches.
- Stress- A chiropractic adjustment can be a very relaxing experience. The odd thing about stress is that we have a lot more control over our response to stressful situations than we realize. In embracing the adjustment one naturally lets go of some level of stress.
- Mental Health- many people who are diagnosed with depression or anxiety have reported a decrease in symptoms while pursuing a regular chiropractic treatment plan.
- Difficulty sleeping- in reducing pain, depression, anxiety and stress, the individual may be able to fall asleep faster and remain asleep through the night.
- Pain disorders such as Fibromyalgia- the typical course of treatment for a disorder like fibromyalgia is very often to treat the symptoms. Therefore, pharmaceutical intervention is the most common course of treatment. However, individuals who pursue chiropractic care from our clinic as an ongoing intervention have reported positive results.
The bottom line is that chiropractic care is not only about the adjustment to the musculoskeletal system, it encompasses so much more. In realigning the spine and joints, the rest of the body, including the nervous system, is also put back into place and allowed to function at its best. In addition, when a Mesa, AZ chiropractor helps you pursue a path of treatment that focuses on wellness and prevention, one is naturally going to feel better.
Below are some common things people have inquired about regarding chiropractic care. If you have any additional questions or would like to schedule an appointment to achieve your optimal health, contact LifeCare Chiropractic today.
- Feeling better doesn’t mean that you are better. Although you may feel a decrease in pain or feel like your pain is gone completely, it doesn’t mean that the original source of the problem is gone completely. You shouldn’t stop treatments when you start to feel better, you should go until the problem has been resolved.
- Your phone is going to prolong your problems. Bad posture can be one of the worst things for your body, and it’s fueled by bad habits of sitting down all day and looking down at your phone, iPad, laptop, etc. Good posture helps keep your bones and joints in correct alignment and use muscles correctly, but bad posture can counteract the work that you’ve done.
- Popping your back and getting an adjustment from a chiropractor aren’t the same thing. Although you may be able to twist around and feel a pop in your back, it won’t cause an adjustment. If you’re not careful, you may even hurt your spine and nervous system. It’s important that you receive adjustments from an Arizona chiropractor, a professional you can trust.
- Previous health problems can be contributing to the problems you have now. When talking with your chiropractor about your health history, there may be things that you don’t want to share or that frankly seem irrelevant. Don’t leave them out, though. There may be some factors from past health concerns that can help resolve the problem at hand.
- Back pain isn’t necessarily about your back. Back pain can be debilitating, but it may not always be about your back. A chiropractor will look into the cause of your back pain and will work on treating the source of the pain rather than the pain itself.
- Your wallet and phone and other items you keep in your back pocket can be seriously damaging. If you keep your phone, wallet, keys, or other bulky items in your back pocket and typically sit on them, you are causing a postural distortion to your lumbar which can affect the entire nervous system.
- Sometimes you might feel worse before you start to feel better. As you begin working with a chiropractor, and they create movements in the spine and extremities, your muscles will try to protect your body which can result in muscle spasms, tightness and soreness.
- You have to follow instructions for the treatment to work well. Treatment doesn’t stop when you walk out the office door. Your chiropractor can adjust you and ensure that your body is properly aligned. However, if you don’t do the exercises or follow the diet prescribed, you likely won’t see the results you’re looking for.
How Chiropractic Care Improves Mental Health
Mental health awareness has spread across the United States and beyond as a topic that is discussed much more openly and without judgement. Since most chiropractors believe that the human body is one interconnected system, it’s no wonder that we have seen the positive benefits chiropractic care can have on our patient’s mental wellbeing.
Anxiety and depression are two conditions that feed into our cycles of stress, and can worsen when our nervous system is not functioning as it should. The spinal column is responsible for the internal workings of organs, tissues, and various systems. When it is not in proper alignment, the body may get into a state of constant tension. To explain this point further, consider these facts:
- When the body is flooded with cortisol and adrenaline, physical symptoms of anxiety and stress can result.
- Muscles that are in a state of tension will have higher tension, and it isn’t uncommon for knots and trigger points to develop, where carbon dioxide and lactic acide has accumulated. This can eventually lead to significant pain.
- Bones that are tight enough can begin to pull bones out of alignment, resulting in subluxations (which a chiropractor in Mesa from LifeCare can help with!).
- Bones that are out of alignment can make the nervous system more hyper-reactive, where people can become more easily prone to irritability.
When the body is in pain, it tends to be driven by a flight or flight mode. It can be difficult to sleep when the body is surging with adrenaline and cortisol. The parasympathetic nervous system has a harder time taking over and permitting the body to relax. Your chiropractor can discuss with you where misalignments of your spine are and how that may be impacting your lack of sleep, poor mood, sluggishness, pain, and other symptoms. In addition to spinal manipulation, your chiropractor may suggest other techniques, such as meditation, massage, and healthy nutrition.
Key Points To Know About a Chiropractor in Mesa, Arizona
You may be thinking about seeing a chiropractor to look at the aches and pains you’ve been experiencing. Many patients report positive results from working regularly with a chiropractic professional at Lifecare Chiropractic. Before you make a final decision, it’s helpful to understand what procedures you’ll undergo and how this intervention will work. The more you know about what to expect from a chiropractor, the more comfortable you’ll feel about going this route.
Once you choose a chiropractor from LifeCare Chiropractic and schedule an appointment, you can get ready for the initial visit. In this first meeting, the chiropractor will go over your health history. The two of you will discuss your overall wellness, what is bothering you and what pains you’re experiencing that have led you to this point. Our chiropractor may take x-rays and ask questions regarding prior health conditions, treatments, surgeries and medications. This is an opportunity to ask questions and discuss concerns you may have. This meeting will give the chiropractor the chance to formulate a treatment plan, and decide which methods are best for your situation.
What They Treat
Chiropractors at LifeCare are well-known for helping to minimize or even eliminate spinal pain. However, these trained professionals can also address discomfort in the head, shoulders, arms, legs and feet. People see chiropractors after suffering injuries in car accidents or falls. It’s also common to seek chiropractic care for lifelong, chronic pain in the body.
What Happens Next?
Your chiropractor will see you several times over a long period and will perform an adjustment at each visit. This isn’t a simple pop or crack of the back, as some people may think. In an adjustment, the chiropractor at Lifecare Chiropractic manipulates your spine to help realign it properly. This is intended to help promote better function in your body so it can heal itself without introducing drugs. During appointments, your chiropractor may also include other strategies such as heat and even massage therapy.
How Much and How Often
The extent and duration of your visits with a Mesa chiropractor in Arizona will depend on your condition and the severity of your injuries and pain. Some people may see a chiropractor multiple times per week for a total of several weeks. Others may make ongoing, indefinite visits once a week or a couple of times a month. Your chiropractor will determine what will be most effective for you.
Call LifeCare Chiropractic Today To Get Started
Ready to get well? Now that you know what your chiropractor has in store for you, make an appointment today. You could be on the road to better health than you’ve experienced in years.
Contact Lifecare Chiropractic now to schedule an appointment with an Arizona chiropractor in Mesa at our centrally located office.
How Does A Chiropractor Know Where To Adjust A Patient?
“Had a great experience. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I am looking forward to seeing great results on my treatment. I’d highly recommend LifeCare chiropractic.”